Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Pork Quesadillas

OH

EM

GEE

I am so sorry.



I've totally been slacking. I'll blame it on that cold I got last weekend and the fact that it apparently completely knocked me on my behind. Work has taken all my energy and when I've spent time at home, I've had just about enough left to sit on my couch or sleep in my bed. I really haven't done a lot. I also promise I haven't intentionally been ignoring you. Somehow the week went by and I didn't get to posting.

The plan was to post this recipe shortly after the pork in the crockpot and the burritos. Just to hit home the use of leftovers in unique and different ways. This is technically a leftover leftover meal. Because if you remember the chipotle bbq pork, I just used that to make this quesadilla.

So now:

"Knock it off, Napoleon! Make yourself a dang case-a-dill-a"





Chipotle Pork Quesadillas
Ingredients (per quesadilla):
1/4-1/3 cup chipotle barbecue pork
1/4-1/3 cup shredded cheese
10 inch flour tortilla
chopped lettuce
chopped tomato
chopped avocado
sour cream or Greek yogurt

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 400 F.

Spread the pork on one half of the tortilla. Sprinkle the cheese on top of the pork. Fold the tortilla in half to enclose the filling.

Bake for 5-8 minutes until the cheese is melted. Turn on your broiler and broil until the top is golden brown, approximately 2 minutes.

Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 3-4 minutes. Cut into triangles.

Serve topped with lettuce, tomato, avocado and sour cream, as desired.



No comments:

Post a Comment