Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Shortcut Week Day 2: Peanut Butter Brownie Muffins

I was invited to an impromptu dinner party (does it count as a party if there were 3 of us?) the other night and asked to bring a dessert. I could have stopped and picked up ice cream (it was too cold) or packaged cookies (I've never liked those sugar cookies from the store) but you know me, I really wanted to make something. However, I didn't have a lot of time. I had a bag of mini Reeses cups that my mom sent home with me after the holidays so I decided to dazzle up a box of brownies. Apparently I'm not the only one to think of this, so I followed along with a recipe from one of my go-to dessert blogs, Bakerella. This is so easy but no one will be able to tell you took a shortcut with the box. They'll be too excited about the fact you gave them a brownie stuffed with a peanut butter cup!




Peanut Butter Brownie Muffins (adapted from Bakerella)
Ingredients:
1 package Double Fudge Brownie Mix (I used Duncan Hines, but any brownie mix should suffice)
2 eggs
1/3 cup water
1/4 cup vegetable oil
15-20 mini Reeses cups, unwrapped

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 F. Place foil liners for cupcakes on a baking sheet.

Stir together the contents of the brownie mix, eggs, water, and oil until well mixed. Fill each liner with approximately 2 tbsp of batter.

Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and push a Reeses into the center of each cupcake. Bake about 10 minutes longer until cooked through.

Let cool completely.

Makes 15-20 brownie muffins.



No comments:

Post a Comment