Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Shrimp Fried Barley

I'm nothing if I'm not a weirdo. I like peanut butter and pickle sandwiches. I dance like a crazy person around my apartment all by myself because sometimes music makes me hyper. I spend a few hours cleaning my desk at work and then the following day cannot figure out for the life of me where I put a specific piece of paper that I need. Let's not even talk about the assortment of music I have on my iPod.

So here I am, weirding up (or it is out?) your life with fried barley instead of rice. It is a nice change that I fully support.

Get down with your strange self. :)




Shrimp Fried Barley
Ingredients:
1/2 tbsp peanut oil
2 green onions, diced, white and green parts separated
4 oz shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 cup chopped green beans
1 cup cooked barley
1 egg, beaten
1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
1 tsp sriracha sauce
1/2 tsp fish sauce

Directions:
Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the white parts of the onions and saute for about 1 minute until softened. Add the shrimp and cook, stirring frequently, for about 1-2 minutes until no longer completely pink. Add the green beans and saute for another minute. Add the barley and toss to mix everything, cooking for about 2-3 minutes. Push the barley mixture to the side and slide the beaten egg into the pan. Scramble. Mix the cooked egg into the barley. Sprinkle in the soy sauce, sriracha and fish sauce and toss to combine.

Serve topped with the green parts of the onion.

Serves 2.



No comments:

Post a Comment