Sunday, July 29, 2012

Stuffed Buffalo Chicken Breasts

I'm not sure I've told you about my obsession with everything buffalo flavored. Whenever I'm at a new restaurant, my eyes (and stomach) are automatically attracted to a buffalo chicken sandwich or salad or something equivalent. Currently my fridge is home to 2 open bottles of buffalo sauce.

Scott is also a fan of buffalo chicken. He is a little weird, however, because for some reason he doesn't like blue cheese. For me, and so many others, these two flavors go hand-in-hand. So, when I can across this stuffed buffalo chicken breasts on one of food blogs I read regularly, I knew it would be a perfect recipe to make when Scott was visiting. Because of his aversion to blue cheese, I substituted Swiss cheese, but you could definitely go more traditional with the blue cheese. I'm certain it would be great.

This recipe is fairly easy and quite delicious for those buffalo-aphiles like Scott and me. :)





Stuffed Buffalo Chicken Breasts (adapted from Skinny Taste)
Ingredients:
1 large chicken breast, cut in half and pounded thinly
1/8 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 wedges of light Laughing Cow Swiss cheese
1/4 cup minced celery
1/8 cup minced green onion
1/4 cup minced carrot
salt and pepper, to taste
8 saltine crackers, crushed
1/2 tbsp light mayo
4 tbsp buffalo sauce (I used Frank's buffalo sauce)
1 tsp butter, melted
1/2 tsp garlic powder
cooking spray

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 F. Spray a baking dish with cooking spray.

Combine the cheeses, celery, onion, carrot, salt and pepper in a small bowl.

Lay out the chicken breast halves and split the mixture evenly between the two spreading out through the center. Roll the chicken, starting with one of the skinnier sides, to encase the filling and secure with 2 toothpicks each.

Place the cracker crumbs in a shallow dish. Combine the mayo and 1 tbsp buffalo sauce in another shallow dish. Working one at a time, roll the chicken in the buffalo sauce mixture followed by the cracker crumbs. Place seam down in the prepared baking dish. Spray the top of the chicken with cooking spray.

Bake 30-35 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.

Combine the remaining 3 tbsp of buffalo sauce with the butter and garlic powder. Drizzle over the chicken breast and serve.



No comments:

Post a Comment