Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas

Hello?

Hi?

Hey there?

OH, HELLO!


I heard you calling me but I just couldn't get to you. I'm sorry. I promise I wasn't standing you up. I just had prior commitments (aka work related things) that were taking up my every waking moment. Truthfully, I have lots to be doing right this minute, but I've been slacking on this part of my life for too long... umm hello? 3 posts in March and I'm just getting a 4th April post in on the last day. Don't worry though. I haven't been surviving solely on coffee and popcorn (although they have been staples in my life), I've still been cooking lots of yummy dishes. You just wait. You'll see.




Exhibit A: buffalo chicken enchiladas. I mean, should I really say more? You should already be slipping on your shoes and heading to the store for supplies. As always, buffalo anything rocks my world. Let it rock yours too.




Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas (adapted from How Sweet It Is)
Ingredients:
1 cup cooked, shredded chicken (breast and/or thigh)
1/2 cup finely diced orange pepper (or yellow or red)
1/4 cup finely diced red onion
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
10 oz can red enchilada sauce
1/2 cup buffalo sauce
3/4 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
1/2 cup crumbled gorgonzola (or other blue cheese)
6 flour tortillas (I used whole wheat)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 F. Coat a 8 x 8 baking dish with cooking spray.

In a small bowl combine the enchilada and buffalo sauces. In another bowl, combine the chicken, pepper, red onion, 1/4 cup Monterrey Jack cheese and 1/4 cup gorgonzola. Add about 1/3 of the enchilada sauce and mix completely.

Pour a small amount of the enchilada sauce on the bottom of the baking dish. Fill each tortilla with a few tablespoons for the chicken mixture and roll, placing in the dish seam side down. Pour the rest of the enchilada sauce over the tortillas and top with the rest of the Monterrey Jack.

Bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and top with the rest of the gorgonzola cheese. Garnish with additional parsley and red onions and sour cream.

Serves 2-3.











You say hello and I say goodbye.... just hopefully for not as long this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment