Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Mole Pork Chops

Ok a few things:

1. I'm sorry I have been slacking for the entire month of March on my posts. It is just the fact that I've been really busy with work, both during working hours and at home. Lots to do and not enough time in the day.

2. Does anyone have any good sleep remedies? I'm guessing it is because my mind is going 100 miles a minute thinking about the things I need to get done but I am having the worst time sleeping at night. Yes, I've been drinking copious amounts of coffee but I stop by late afternoon so that shouldn't be the problem. Help me, please!

3. You guys rock (well those of you who are reading this post after the long hiatus). Thanks for sticking with me. Lots of yummy food to come. Promise. For now, enjoy this super easy recipe for mole spiced pork chops. I used a boneless pork chop (but you could certain use a bone-in one) and served it atop some leftover rice reheated with some corn, peppers, and chili powder. Super easy and quick. Perfect when your life is crazy busy.





Mole Pork Chops (adapted from Cooking Light's The Complete Quick Cook)
Ingredients:
1 boneless pork chop (or bone-in)
1/4 tbsp brown sugar
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp ground chipotle chili powder
dash of salt

Directions:
Preheat George Foreman grill or grill pan.

Combine all the spices and rub over both sides of the pork chop. Place the chop on the grill and cook about 5 minutes (turning halfway through if using a grill pan) until cooked through.

Serves 1.



2 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad you're back! I was worried that you were giving up on the blog :( That said, I don't know how you ever find time to write the posts...

    Melatonin has always helped me sleep, particularly during stressful times (prelim, defense...). You can get it at a regular grocery store and probably only need to take 1-2 mg. Sometimes they sell 5 mg tablets and that really knocks me out! I hope you find something to help, you need your sleep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll look into melatonin. I'm not really sure if I'm stressed (I don't think I should be) or just incapable of sleeping in my old age but I'll try anything at this point. Thanks for the suggestion!

      Don't worry, I'm back in the blogging game... as much as I can :)

      Delete