Thursday, February 28, 2013

Greek Salad

Today was a "I put my boot on the wrong foot" day. Similar to a "I used conditioner before shampoo" day. Or a "I made my lunch but left it sitting on the kitchen counter" day. Or a "I burned my tongue on my morning coffee" day.




You know those days that I'm talking about. When you probably should have stayed in bed because something, or multiple somethings, just did not go right. Today, I literally pulled on one of my boots to realize it was on the wrong foot. To give myself a little credit, these boots don't have a zipper or laces or anything, they are just slipons so at first glance both feet look similar. Although I've had them for over a year and this was the first mishap. Ok, go ahead and laugh at my stupidity but only if you haven't done one of the aforementioned or something as equally dumb. Any stories you'd like to tell to make me feel better? Comment below!




What wasn't a dumb thing was this Greek salad-- refreshing, delicious and healthy. Guaranteed to take your "I knocked over a full glass of juice" day from dreary to bright.




Greek Salad (adapted from Cooking Light's The Complete Quick Cook)
Ingredients:
For dressing:
1 anchovy fillet
2 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
2 tsp worcesteshire sauce
1 tsp dried oregano (or 4 tsp fresh oregano)
1 tsp fresh dill, chopped (or 1/4 tsp dried dill)
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 garlic clove, pressed

For salad (one serving):
2 cups torn lettuce (romaine, green leaf or red leaf)
1 small roma tomato, chopped
1 1/8-inch red onion slice, rings separated and chopped into quarters
2 tbsp pitted olives
2 tbsp crumbled feta cheese
2 canned artichoke hearts, quartered
1/2 cup chopped cucumber

Directions:
Mash the anchovy fillet in a small bowl. Whisk in the remaining ingredients until completely combined. Store in refrigerator. Makes approximately 1/2 cup.

To assemble the salad, combine the salad ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle in about 2 tbsp dressing and toss to mix completely.

Serves 1.


No comments:

Post a Comment