Monday, October 8, 2012

Bacon Guac Grilled Cheese

Travel is exhausting.

I went to NC for Scott's bday (Happy last year in your twenties, old man!) this weekend. I was supposed to be back on Sunday at 8:30 pm. I got back today (Monday) at 2:45 pm.

I had to come into work to get a few things accomplished since I was not planning on another vacation day and I had things to do. Now I'm sleepy and planning something quick and easy for dinner. I wish I had half of an avocado, some bacon, salsa and cheese in my apartment; I would totally make this sandwich again. It is gooey, flavorful and so tasty.

Instead I'll just stare at the picture on my computer screen, drool over my keyboard and lust for my taste buds to eat this again one day soon.





Bacon Guacamole Grilled Cheese
Ingredients:
1/2 avocado
2-3 tbsp salsa (homemade or store bought)
4 slices roma tomato
handful shredded colby jack cheese
2 slices bacon
2 slices your favorite sandwich bread
1/2 tbsp spreadable butter

Directions:
Cook the bacon in your microwave to your desired crispness. For me it takes about 3 minutes total, turning over after the first 2.

In a small bowl, mash the avocado with a fork. Stir in the salsa. **This is essentially a quick and easy guac. Feel free to substitute if you have another homemade guac.

Spread 1/4 tbsp butter on one side of each piece of bread. Spread the guacamole on the opposite side of one piece of bread. Top with the tomato slices, shredded cheese and bacon pieces. Top with the other piece of bread.

Heat a non-stick pan coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat until hot. Place the sandwich butter side down on the hot pan. Cook for about 2 minutes until the bottom is browned. Carefully flip over and brown the other side, about 2-3 minutes, until browned and the cheese is melted.



No comments:

Post a Comment