Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Cottage BELT

Let's talk about belts for a few minutes.



I purchased this one brown belt from the Buckle when I was in high school. Yeah, remember when you used to want to buy everything from the Buckle like their really expensive jeans and Doc Martens? Well, I bought this great brown belt. I wore it ALL THE TIME.




Then, of course I realized I needed a black belt, because we all know that one of the biggest fashion faux pas is a brown belt with black shoes or vice versa. So I bought a black belt from the Buckle for those intermittent times I wore black shoes. And there we go, a belt for every occasion.




As I have grown up (and definitely out of my Doc Martens, but not jeans, still L-O-V-E jeans), I have become a black-based outfit person. That means in the past 12 or 13 years since I invested in that black belt, I have worn it A LOT. It has worn holes... yes, multiple holes that have seen me through the shrinking and expanding stomach through the years. So imagine my disappointment when I realized that the belt was heading towards the end of its life. The stitching holding the buckle in place was about to give way forever. :(




I had to purchase a new belt. Nothing as great as my old one, but it'll get me through the days.




Now you want to know about the best belt? A Bacon, Egg, Lettuce and Tomato sandwich. Haha, you see what I did there? I know you probably don't need me to spell out how to make a BLT (with an egg), but I wanted to speak a little on this cottage bacon. I got it at the meat lab on campus. It is less fatty than typical bacon and mighty delicious. You should try it out.




Wear your belt and eat one too.




Did anyone else have a crazy sparkly belt when they were in high school?

Cottage BELT
Ingredients:
2 pieces cottage bacon, cooked to your desired crispness
1 egg, cooked over medium
1 large lettuce leaf, torn in half
1 thick slice tomato
1 english muffin, toasted
1/2 tbsp light miracle whip (or mayo)

Directions:
Spread the miracle whip on one of the muffin halves. Top with the lettuce, tomato, bacon and egg. Top with other half of muffin.



2 comments:

  1. Umm...I loved everything about this post. From your trip down memory lane (did you ever get sucked into the white eyeliner phase? I rocked wet n' wild for quite some time...) to your delicious sandwich idea. You are awesome Julie! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lindsay! I was never a big eyeliner fan but I did wear purple and/or green mascara for a while. Oh boy, stylish!

      Delete