Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Mandarin Orange Spinach Salad

The holidays are over and we're back into the swing of things.

I guess I'm still a novice food blogger because although I had great intentions of posting delicious recipes and witty commentary during my time off from work, I found myself relaxing and enjoying the time almost completely unplugged. The lack of turning on my computer resulted in a lack of blog posts.

I did some cooking and baking with the family for the holidays (don't worry, recipes to come!). I got to spend time with the cutest niece in the entire world. When I got back to town last Thursday, I had a nasty cold that kept me on the couch on Friday (despite my plans of working that day). Then Scott came to town, well we spent the weekend in St. Louis, for New Years. All in all a successful holiday season for this girl.

I also got to meet up with some friends from college and from high school while I was in Michigan. With the latter group, we had pizza lunch and I volunteered to bring a salad. This salad was quick and easy to whip together and enjoyed by everyone the girls, in particular. A healthy start for the new year!

Happy 2013!




Mandarin Orange Spinach Salad
Ingredients:
8-10 oz fresh baby spinach
15 oz can mandarin oranges, drained
1/4 large red onion, chopped thinly
1/3 cup craisins
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
4 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp dijon mustard
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil

Directions:
Toss together the spinach, oranges, onion, craisins, almonds and cheese.

Whisk the mustard and vinegar in a small bowl. While whisking, stream in the oil.

Either serve with the dressing on the side or toss with the spinach mixture.


No comments:

Post a Comment